Saturday, July 6, 2013

Week One - Introduction

My name is Randall Feher and I am currently a MSEM / MBA student at Western New England Univ.  I work for Eastman Chemical and just changed positions from Reliability Engineer to Manufacturing Supervisor.  Prior to Eastman, I served in the Navy for twenty three years.

I found the first weeks discussion of Market Orientation interesting.  Eastman has been a commodities company but over the last couple of years it has transformed into a specialty chemical company.  I can start to see that the focus is on innovation and creating unique product lines that the customer wants and needs.  In the quarterly and annual reports, it is clear that the concepts of customer and competitor focus are being followed.  Additionally,  Eastman uses "Innovation Teams" which are cross functional to bring new products to the market place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment