Friday, September 13, 2013

Last blog


Last blog….
I am not sure if this will ever be read by anyone but there is a bit of catharsis action going on.  I think that I have put in more hours and worked harder in this class then any of the other 15 classes I have taken at WNEU in the last year.  And for all that work I will probably get my first non “A”.  
This week I struggled with the advice memo.  I have felt each week that I have no idea if I am heading down the right path as I set out to do these assignments.  In most of my professional experiences, I have had an example to read to at least see what the finished product looks like and have a feel for expected level of detail in the content.  In this class not a single example was give which made it very difficult and frankly unrealistic from a real world prospective.   
I fully believe that every organization should be customer focused.  I cannot think of one that would not have a customer.  I have been fortunate enough to have served in two during my adult life that understood this.  This also made it difficult to imagine the planning being done and described in the class as limited to the marketing department.   
I did enjoy the simulation.  I had more fun with it during the individual play and think the retry and restart options are more useful toward learning than being locked into one time like in the team play time.
I am simple glad that I have a weekend off, oh wait, I have to read for my new classes starting next week.  Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment